Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Beauty Diary Red Vine Mask Review


Sorry for the lack of activity! This will be remedied over the next couple of week- expect lots of makeup reviews including some Lioele and Missha BB creams, and Tony Moly's super cute Cats Wink Mascara! 

Anyway, this mask was something quite different from the masks I've chosen in the past- usually I buy brightening/whitening masks, but MBD's Red Vine mask is more focused on antioxidants and firming skin. I figured that some more antioxidants couldn't hurt, so here I am. Read on to find out how I liked the mask! :)



Where to get it:
prettyandcute.com 1 Mask- $2.00 / 2 Masks - $3.90 / 10 Masks - $15.75
sasa.com 1 mask- $1.40 / 10 Masks - $13.60
walmart.com 10 Masks - $12.80
bonjourhk.com 10 Masks - $13.00

Description: My Beauty Diary Red Wine Mask contains Polyphenol, an anti-oxidant that maintains skin’s firmness and resilience. They reduce the free radicals that penetrate our skin, due to pollution, stress and many more reasons. They also create a barrier for the future damages that the skin oxidation might bring. Also contains Anthocyanin and tannins which are natural astringent agents. Recommended for normal skin, especially sagged and dull skin. (from prettyandcute.com)

Claims to:
~ Tighten
~ Provide antioxidents
~ Fight free radicals
~ Mildly brighten (?)

Ingredients:Purified Water, Glycenine, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Extract, Glycyrrhizinate Glabra (Licorice) Leaf Extract, Triethanolamine, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Yeast Extract, Sodium Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethylsilanol Hyaluronate, Polysorbate 20, Methyl Paraben, Hydrolized Lactalbumin, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Packaging: Not the cutest of the MBD masks, but not hideous or anything. Just kind of plain. I'm still kind of confused about why they chose to name it Red Vine instead of Red Wine, but that's just meeee.



Scent: It smells like a combination of grape juice and shitty red wine, but I don't mind it too much. The smell isn't overbearing nor is it particularly terrible. 

Little red wine bottles and glasses!

Fit: Same old, same old. See here for more information. The mask doesn't fit my features at all, but with some careful tearing and tugging it fits decently. :D

Results: One of the first things I noticed about this mask was that the serum was quite different! It's a lot more water-y/liquid-y, and much more prone to drips. Also, there were some little bubbles on the plastic mask backing when I took the mask out of the bag. I don't recall ever seeing those before, either.

Bubbles! :o :o 

I actually kind of like the more watery serum. It is really annoying that it drips, but it's immediately cooling and refreshing, which I appreciate. The first time I used one of these was after an acid peel, and it really helped to soothe my skin. If you like that sort of thing in  your masks, MBD's Red Vine mask is definitely good in that regard. Also- the serum absorbs quickly and is non-sticky.

However, because of the nature of the claims I cannot really discuss how effective it is. It provides antioxidants to your skin, which is great and important, but you won't see any immediate changes because of that. There is some 'firming' of the skin, but that is temporary and not super noticeable if you're young. As I'm 19, it's not really a concern for me. If anyone of you have tried this mask and find it to work well for firming your skin up, please let me know!!!

Regardless, I like it a lot. It makes my skin feel soft and smooth and refreshed, and I know that antioxidants help fight aging so even though I don't see any radical changes, I know that it helps in some small way. I do think that my skin was actually a bit glow-y after the serum had absorbed, which was a nice little perk. The most annoying thing about the mask was the drips, but since I only use my masks when I'm staying home and wasting time on the internet it's not a huge issue. I think I would rebuy the mask, if only for a small extra boost to my skincare regime.


Conclusion: Final Score 4/5
Pros:

  • refreshing and cooling
  • nice & light serum
  • leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and kind of glow-y
  • just feels really nice to have on?
  • one of the cheapest masks MBD makes
Cons:

  • prone to drips
  • no real immediate changes
  • smells like grape juice

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review (; I never knew they have it at walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this mask too, what I enjoyed the most was afterward there's a change in the firmness of my skin, giving it a cute little bounce. If you try it again, see if yours does it too (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely watch out for that! :D ty for the heads up ~

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...