Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Beauty Diary Sake Yeast Mask Review


Tldr; best mask I've tried.

Where to get it:
prettyandcute.com 1 Mask- $2.00 / 2 Masks - $3.90 / 10 Masks - $15.75
sasa.com 1 mask- $1.30 / 10 Masks - $13.20
bonjourhk.com 10 Masks - $13.00

Description: My Beauty Diary Sake Yeast Mask accelerates metabolism of stratum comeum which creates fair and flawless skin. Plant collagen ingredients help maintain regenerating and repairing functions of skin. Offers whitened, brightens, translucent, and flawless look. Moisturizes, smooths, and firms. Recommended for normal and acne prone skin. (from prettyandcute.com)

Claims to:
~ Moisturize
~ Smooth
~ Firm
~ Regenerate and repair
~ Brighten

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycenine, 1,3-Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Triethanolamine, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Soluble Collagen, Methyl Paraben, Dimethylsilanol Hyaluroante, Polysorbate 20, Sarothamnus Scoparius Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum,  Phenoxyethanol, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Packaging: Not MBD's cutest, so just kinda meh. Not that the packaging reeeaaalllly matters in masks beyond making sure the mask's hygienic and well-soaked. So... sufficient?




Scent:  Smells kind of similar to the Red Vine mask, but less grapey and weaker. I actually kind of like it. Anyway, I assume that the smell is due in part to the fact that they both contain alcohol-derived yeast extracts! That's the 'key ingredient' in that one product by SK-II, the Facial Treatment Essence . Missha also has a copy-cat product of that toner/essence/whatever if you're interested. Check those out here. I've heard mixed reviews. Anyway, on with this one.

Fit: As with all MBD masks, they are not made with my features in mind. The masks are just too long and wide for my face, and I have to tear the eye holes near my nose to get it to actually cover my nose. However, because the material is so thin, you can make little tears here and there to customize it a bit more. Still annoying. See here for more pictures and a better explanation.

Results: Ahh, it's so nice!!! The serum is similar to the Red Vine mask in that it's more watery, but not as weirdly soapy. It's very calming and nice to have on, really. Because the serum is more watery, it does drip a bit. This is irritating, but not the end of the world. 

The mask did live up to its claims, though. It was very moisturizing and soothing, and my skin was so soft and glow-y afterwards! The serum isn't sticky and sinks in reasonably fast, so... it's just a really great mask. I'm actually thinking of ordering a box of them once I'm finished with my current (massive) mask stash.

It might be a bit too moisturizing for those with oily skin, but I'm not sure. :c

Conclusion: Final Score 4.5/5

Pros:
  • very effective
  • leaves skin smooth, soft, moisturized, and glowing
  • smells kind of nice
  • probably my favorite mask yet
Cons:
  • watery serum that can drip

I know this review isn't super long, but that's because there isn't much to say. I love this mask, and would encourage everyone to consider it!


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I have tried MBD masks before and I love everything except the fit! I totally agree with you on how MBD masks are ill-fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so irritating haha. but i think it's okay given how thin they are and the price :D i'm planning on doing a sheet mask comparison post in the next month, cause i've tried out a few other brands!

      Delete
  2. I'm not a sheet mask person but the sake yeast ingredient will make me buy one of these to try next time I order from Sasa ^^ Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love face mask, but I never try this! My beauty Diary have great reviews! Thanks for sharing this! Thanks fos the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my pleasure! :D i really enjoy helping people out!~!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review I was looking for masks other than korean ones to try!!
    xx bebe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I've been wanting to try My Beauty Diary masks for so long!!!T^T
    I recently found a store where I can buy them, I might get this one! It sounds very nice~
    Thanks for your awesome review!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. So how does the firming effect compare with red vine? I like the red vine too because it's got that effect and also my skin was so normalized after (for lack of a better description) and this one sounds comparable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...