Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Etude House I need you, Pomegranate! Mask Review


With a poor fit, thick material, and unimpressive results, Etude House's I need you, Pomegranate! is a pass. More after the break.

Where to buy:
prettyandcute.com 1 Mask- $1.99
roseroseshop.com 3 masks - $2.40
kpoptown.com 1 mask - $2.00
w2beauty.com 1 mask- $3.13

Description: Etude House Pomegranate Mask contains pomegranate additives that nourish the skin for a healthy clean complexion. Anti-oxidants will restore skin’s elasticity while moisturizing properties penetrate deep and help retention. This mask sheet has a tension fit design for improved facial adhesion and comfort.

Claims:
~Nourishes
~Moisturizes
~Anti-Oxidant
~Moisture Retention


Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Alcohol, Cyclohexalsiloxane, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Acrylates/ C10-30 alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Squalane, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract.

Scent: Compared to the My Beauty Diary masks I've tried, this has a comparatively light scent. I'm not sure how to describe the scent, but I assume that they're going for Pomegranate-y? Anyway, this isn't bothersome in the slightest, so no worries if you're sensitive to smells! :)



Packaging: I think I prefer the packaging of this series of Etude House masks to My Beauty Diary masks. They're larger and matte, with nice illustrations and no annoying shiny silver text. The packaging is easy to tear, which is always a nice perk. I had to be a bit more careful with unfolding the mask as this series of masks doesn't have the plastic backing that some do.

The material of the mask is noticeably thicker than MBD masks, which is nice for unfolding the mask, but bad for customizing the fit. As you will see further down, the fit is really bad for me. The material also doesn't 'stick' to my skin quite as well, as it's heavier. This means that the part around my chin becomes unstuck unless I'm checking up on it consistently. This is annoying. I am not pleased by that. Overall I prefer the outside packaging of the Etude House masks, but the mask sheets of My Beauty Diary.


Fit:  Suuuuucks. It was irritating to have on due to the placement of the holes- the eye holes in particular were right near my eyes at times, which slightly rubbed against it, irritating it. The mask is also too long and too wide, so I have to fold it over. However, due to the thickness of the material, the mask doesn't 'hold' the fold well... which basically makes it pointless. Anyway, the fit is terrible for me and I'm looking forward to using up the rest of my Etude House masks a little bit less because of it. It kind of screws up the whole pampering experience whenever your eyes are poked by the mask.

Me looking displeased by the poor fit.

Results: Unfortunately due to the nature of this mask (i.e. it doesn't make any claims to whitening/brightening/firming/etc) I can't say too much about how effective it was. It was definitely moisturizing, however! Nothing too crazy, but it was a nice boost in moisture. My skin did feel slightly firmer to the touch, but that's not a real concern of mine haha. I didn't see any big improvement in skin tone, so I can't really think of much else to say. I'm confident that it has some nice anti-oxidants for your skin, given that there are various fruit extracts that are fairly high up on the ingredients list. Beyond that, I'm not super pleased by this mask. I'd rate it below average, due to the poor fit and mask material making it a PITA to wear. Oh well.

Conclusion: Final Score: 2.5/5

Pros:
  • nice packaging
  • very mild scent
  • moisturizing
Cons:
  • bad fit (eye hole rubs against my eyes, irritating the area)
  • mask material too thick to make adjustments
  • mask material makes it heavy/saggy

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree with you.
    I also tried the green tea and pearl and both doesn't fit well to my face. It keeps on falling. I usually lay down when I put them on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...